Sunday, March 21, 2010

Recent Publication: Time Out Paris Guide


Last summer I was commissioned to shoot a travel guide to Paris. I've done quite a few jobs like this over the years and they can be both great fun and a lot of work, this one being no exception - this guide called for around 80 shoots at different destinations all over the city in the course of three weeks, that's an average of four destinations per day, everyday.
The images were commissioned for the 2010 edition of the Time Out Paris City Guide and were also used in the sister publication the 2010 Time Out Paris Visitors Guide.
Above are a couple of pages used as section openers in the Visitors Guide which as a magazine format guide book employs a few full page pictures which is always a bonus. The page on the left shows a shot from the Parisian superclub called 'Showcase', which had a very photogenic interior like no other club I've been to in Paris.
It's not the sort of place I think of when I think of Paris, nor would indeed visit, but that's what I love about what I do, with a camera in my hand it means I get to visit places I'd never normally be in. Other notable past examples of this include spending a week photographing metal fabricating companies in Northern France and also documenting the chaotic scenes at a lap dancing club catering for Hen Nights.
Who knows where my camera will take me next? Below are a few more images from the featured shoot at the club 'Showcase'




No comments:

Post a Comment