Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Recent Publication: Time Out magazine


The idea behind this shoot as discussed with the Picture desk was to try and give the impression of being in the countryside whilst still in the centre of London - also trying to include some visual clues in each frame as to the location of the shots. I was asked to go to Hampstead Heath and get lots of wide open shots showing the expanse of space and calm that is available to visitors. I knew that Parliament Hill offered a good view of London's iconic skyline and tried to use this as an element in a number of the shots. I had an idea that the chosen image would be run large in the magazine, the empty space in each frame suggested that the Art desk would run the copy in these areas. Although I must say I was very pleasantly surprised to see the image being used as a double page spread, always a bonus. More images from the shoot can be seen below:







No comments:

Post a Comment