Thursday, January 24, 2013

Early morning along the Ganges


Some screen shots from some footage shot at sunrise along the Ganges river here in Varanasi.
While I'll be here I'll be concentrating on shooting video documenting a day in the life along the river. Shooting film is a new experience for me and it's been great to sink my teeth into a new process. I'm still learning as I go along and these images represent some footage from the first mornings shooting.
I've been slightly hampered by the weather which has turned quite cold in the last couple of days resulting in thick fog in the mornings, this aswell as the frequent lengthy power cuts here which has made charging my camera batteries difficult.
Along side this in the last few days like many visitors here I've started to experience another thing Varanasi is well known for: bellyache.
After my last visit I was aware that it was a question of not 'if' but 'when' I'd feel the Gunga paying a visit to my belly so it has kind of put the breaks on things at the moment. One positive thing is that this has coincided with the foggy weather which has meant morning shooting was a write off anyway






2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I'm eagerly wating for your next report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryu, internet connection a bit patchy here but will post some more as soon as I get the chance

    ReplyDelete