Monday, September 13, 2010

Recent Shoot: Roundtable discussion



In between returning from Paris and the final edit of the pictures from Tuesdays retirement reform demonstration I was commissioned to photograph a roundtable discussion at the London offices of global real estate firm Savills for Property Week magazine. The shoot held in a boardroom consisted of fifteen sitters around a table and I was asked to get individual head shots of each attendee aswell as shots showing the discussion in progress.
I took lightstands and umbrellas along with me and planned to set up my flashes in the corners of the room to trigger them remotely (on camera flash would have very distracting for those present), in the end I decided to set up the flashes at each end of the long table and bounce the flashes off the ceiling (a nice low white ceiling - important) in order to ensure even lighting across all those around the table. I exposed the images manually to ensure that the light from the flashes was the dominant light source, these were at 1/8th power and this gave me working exposures of 125th at f4 at 500 ISO. A lower ISO is always desirable for image quality and the working aperture of f4 also gave me the option to use a shorter depth of field to isolate the sitters if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment