Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back to India


So it's time to jump on a plane again and take the overnight flight to New Delhi, I'll be over there for around five weeks from the 15th Jan until the 22nd Feb working on personal projects as well as some client commissions.
I was last there two years ago and I always knew it was a place I would revisit.
Like last time my first port of call will be the Paharganj in New Delhi which can be seen below. It's a bazaar street just next to the main train station and is a first destination for many travellers, while often overlooked I found it to be a great source of images.
So like last time I'll be spending my first night back in this beautiful swirling mess but after that I'll be based in South Delhi for a few days with a good friend of mine who is currently working out there for an advertising agency


After that I'll be travelling East stopping off at the holy city of Varanasi again where the image at the start of the post was taken and then continuing East stopping off at Gaya and Kolkatta before heading North to visit Darjeeling and Sikkim.
After that the plan is to head back to Delhi for a few days to thaw out after a week spent at the last two destinations which are in the foothills of the Himalayas and then jump on a plane to spend a week down in the South of the country visiting Cochin and Kovalam in Kerala


No comments:

Post a Comment